- July 7, 2021
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Wednesday, July 7, 2021@ 7-8:30 pm EST
We are so happy to have School of Living’s long time friend, Alanna Hartzok, speak to us about Baltimore Thrive. This initiative brings a vision of restoration and renewal for Baltimore. It prioritizes strengthening land rights and social and racial equity in Baltimore’s communities. It seeks to do this through clear programs, plans, and policies that are built on principles of decentralized politics and economics.
Alanna will sketch a picture of Baltimore Thrive for us using information about community land trusts, land value tax (commons rent), citizen dividends, 15 minute cities, and public banks. Alanna views this work as carrying forward the legacy and vision of the School of Living founders for peace and justice.
Baltimore Thrive is a desperately needed alternative to “business as usual” economic revitalization planning in urban communities. Find out how you can help to bring Baltimore Thrive to reality. Donations for this work are appreciated. There will be time in this information packed presentation for questions. Bring your notebooks!
While there is no charge for this Zoom event, we appreciate your donation to help support the work of School of Living. Upon registration, you will receive a link to join the Zoom event. If you do not see the email, please, check your spam and/or promotions folders. Message us if you have any questions!
About Alanna Hartzok:
- Author, The Earth Belongs to Everyone, a collection of 30 of her article and essays; recipient of the Radical Middle Book Award
- Co-Founder, Earth Rights Institute
- Administrator, The International Union for Land Value Taxation
- Candidate for Congress in PA two times – Green Party and Democratic Party. Now non-partisan, decentralist.
- Initiated Property Tax Reform Legislation that passed PA Legislature by a nearly unanimous vote
- Has given lectures and seminars on Land Rights and Public Finance Policy in 15 countries
- Transpersonal Psychotherapist / Human Potential Development
- A friend of School of Living co-founder Mildred Loomis for many decades and served several years on SoL’s Advisory Board.
- Recent podcast with Ellen Brown, founder of the Public Banking Institute: